Sunday, June 1, 2008

"D"H Strikes Again

Asshat. That's all I have to say. Well, no, really it's not. Where to start ...

Our son is an EARLY riser - most days is awake by 6:30. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed. He's up EARLY. Occasionally - and this is EXTREMELY RARE - he will sleep to 7 or so. Fortunately, today was one of those rare days - both he and DD#1 woke around 7:30. On a typical day, that is HEAVEN. And it was nice today. But, I am the one getting up with DS 99% of the time. DH usually sleeps for another hour or so - EVERY SINGLE DAY, well, every week day at least PLUS at least one of the days over the weekend. So, needless to say, I'm a bit more tired than he is most of the time. He "let" me sleep in yesterday - only after I asked if he'd please get up with DS and let me sleep. DD#2, however, was up around 8. Figures. Not that 8 is bad, of course, but I was hoping it would be one of her 8:30-9 days.

This morning, as I mentioned, the older two got up around 7:30. Very nice, and I'm not complaining. DH, of course, made no move to get up. So, out of a feeling of fairness, I got up, despite being so tired I could barely muster the effort to do so. He finally saunters downstairs after #3 gets up - after 8:30. I nurse DD2 and then bring her downstairs. I told him what solids to give her for breakfast, and brought down a change of clothes for DS, who was still in his PJs. I start heading back upstairs when DH asks where I'm going. I told him back to sleep, which he says "oh, no you're not!" WTF? I could take a nap instead. OK - notice the time I'm posting this. Shortly after 2:30 in the afternoon - nap time. No, he's not sleeping. He's outside crossing one more thing off his self-written (and not at all shared with me) to-do list. SOB. So friggin' selfish - JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER. Thanks, you jackass! Anyway, I don't know why, but I listened - maybe because as a Christian I've been taught to submit. (No, he doesn't generally boss me around like that.) Or maybe it was the Holy Spirit within me or something. All I know is I'm DEAD TIRED and not really wanting to nap on the couch. So, here I sit. Knowing that the moment I lie down, one of the kids will be up and since DH is outside, I have to deal with it. (I would drop off the baby monitors outside, but he acts like I'm asking him to emasculate himself when I suggest he take sole responsibility for all three kids. SOB.)

6 comments:

KellyBean said...

Oh, you know I know how you feel!! Sorry hon. ((hugs))

♥Kelly♥ said...

Girl, I'm so sorry. That's one of those issues where resentment is just going to grow and fester. ((hugs)) I hope you can get it through to dh that he's gotta pitch in and stop the selfish immature crap.

Major Bedhead said...

OK, as a non-believer, I don't know how much to say here, but I've totally been there. And it's not the holy spirit telling me to shut up, it's my own guilt and damned insecurities that don't allow me to tell my husband when he's being an asshat.


And hi, btw. I didn't know you had a blog. :D I bet you're just thrilled I found you, huh?

Don't answer that.

ham1299 said...

You girls are cracking me up! LOL

Kelly ~ Yes, it can cause resentment. But, he does other stuff that kinda keeps me from being too bitchy about it, kwim? (I mean stuff with the kids and around the house - nothing kinky! LMAO)

Julia ~ LOL I'm pretty sure I've linked to you, so clearly I don't mind you having found me! ;-) And as for the issues with "D"H, perhaps that's part of it for me, too.

Major Bedhead said...

Oh, you did link to me.


Well, clearly you're insane. That's the only explanation I can see.


I always get a little thrill when I find someone has linked to me. In spite of the insanity verdict. ;)

ham1299 said...

LOL Well, it is the easiest way for me to follow YOU around. (Note to self: Catch up on others' blogs today.) As for the insanity verdict - at least I have good company! ;-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...