Sunday, June 1, 2008

"D"H Strikes Again

Asshat. That's all I have to say. Well, no, really it's not. Where to start ...

Our son is an EARLY riser - most days is awake by 6:30. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed. He's up EARLY. Occasionally - and this is EXTREMELY RARE - he will sleep to 7 or so. Fortunately, today was one of those rare days - both he and DD#1 woke around 7:30. On a typical day, that is HEAVEN. And it was nice today. But, I am the one getting up with DS 99% of the time. DH usually sleeps for another hour or so - EVERY SINGLE DAY, well, every week day at least PLUS at least one of the days over the weekend. So, needless to say, I'm a bit more tired than he is most of the time. He "let" me sleep in yesterday - only after I asked if he'd please get up with DS and let me sleep. DD#2, however, was up around 8. Figures. Not that 8 is bad, of course, but I was hoping it would be one of her 8:30-9 days.

This morning, as I mentioned, the older two got up around 7:30. Very nice, and I'm not complaining. DH, of course, made no move to get up. So, out of a feeling of fairness, I got up, despite being so tired I could barely muster the effort to do so. He finally saunters downstairs after #3 gets up - after 8:30. I nurse DD2 and then bring her downstairs. I told him what solids to give her for breakfast, and brought down a change of clothes for DS, who was still in his PJs. I start heading back upstairs when DH asks where I'm going. I told him back to sleep, which he says "oh, no you're not!" WTF? I could take a nap instead. OK - notice the time I'm posting this. Shortly after 2:30 in the afternoon - nap time. No, he's not sleeping. He's outside crossing one more thing off his self-written (and not at all shared with me) to-do list. SOB. So friggin' selfish - JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER. Thanks, you jackass! Anyway, I don't know why, but I listened - maybe because as a Christian I've been taught to submit. (No, he doesn't generally boss me around like that.) Or maybe it was the Holy Spirit within me or something. All I know is I'm DEAD TIRED and not really wanting to nap on the couch. So, here I sit. Knowing that the moment I lie down, one of the kids will be up and since DH is outside, I have to deal with it. (I would drop off the baby monitors outside, but he acts like I'm asking him to emasculate himself when I suggest he take sole responsibility for all three kids. SOB.)
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...