Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stupid jerks on eBay

A few months ago, once my daughter got into the wonderful world of Webkinz, I bought her a couple I knew she'd LOVE off eBay. The reason for eBay is that they are retired. I bought her the unicorn and the pegasus. I gave her the unicorn right away, and she has been so happy with it. I saved the pegasus for later. Dumb move. I FINALLY opened it, and as I went to fish out the tag, I could tell it'd been tampered with. I knew that meant it had been used. Jackass. And, of course, I waited too long to attempt to use it, so I can't complain - and my feedback was already positive. Doh! I should've known better! Good news is that jackass is no longer on eBay - at least not under that name. ;-) (I'm not dumb enough to think he/she didn't come back with a different name/e-mail address.) I'm kicking myself - if I'd opened it right away and attempted to use it right away, I'd likely get my money back. Lesson learned. So, I contacted Webkinz (following the prompt to do so in their "Adoption Center"). Hopefully they'll give me the benefit of the doubt and give me a new code or just give me the pet! I'm not holding my breath, but since it's actually under my son's account, maybe they'll have pity on him - afterall, he's not quite three yet! ;-) Stay tuned for an update when I finally hear back! ;-)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Good luck!!

ham1299 said...

Thanks. So far, nothing. *sigh*

Lisa said...

Hey!

I got your PM this morning at MO and completely lost. What's going on???

Lisa

ham1299 said...

Well, it seems someone's been spying on people at TMR. There was a post in which Rachel expressed her frustration and hurt by the whole situation with the former MZ. No, she wasn't especially nice about it, but she shouldn't have to be. No one who now runs MO is there at TMR, at least no one comes to mind. Anyway, someone was lurking and shared what Rachel had posted with someone at the former MZ. Honestly, I'd been considering leaving anyway - I've just got too much on my plate. I was hesitant because of people there - like you - who I consider friends and I really like. But, the board wars stuff got to me. It kinda made the decision for me. Please don't take it personally. I'm dropping many boards, as I just can't spread myself so thin anymore.

Andrea R. said...

Good gosh girl how many boards are you on? And a site owner to boot. Plus you have 3 kids. Dang. I wish I was half that organized.

ham1299 said...

Oh, I don't know that it means I'm organized! LOL Do you really want a number?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...