Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh! My aching back!

It occurred to me that I've been pretty quiet around here. With the exception of a few reviews (more of which are coming - I still have a couple of EcoStoreUSA things to write up), I haven't said much. I'm not meaning to be negligent or anything like that. I have a valid excuse, I swear.

Three weeks ago, I injured my back. Big-time. How? I have no idea. I think I somehow aggravated an old injury. Anyway, it was quite painful, and my third day of serious pain was enough. I decided to call a chiropractor. Fortunately, we live in the Land of Chiropractic - aka, in the same area as Palmer College of Chiropractic. For those who don't know, this is where what we now know as Chiropractic was born. So, I decided to take advantage of their clinic. My husband has been there off and on over the past few years now, so I was confident that their interns wouldn't cause any damage other than what I'd done.

We'll call my doctor Dr. B. and my intern J. I will say that they are great. The doctor is very personable, and clearly knows his stuff. And J. is pretty cool, too. He is friendly, funny, and compassionate. I brought Abby with to most of my appointments, and he does great with her. Talks to her and doesn't seem uncomfortable around her. (You know how these mid-20 guys can be sometimes. I was glad he's not like that.) She seems to like him, too, as she plans to attend my next appointment! LOL Anyway, that first appointment was not fun. I couldn't move very well at all. Fortunately, it was just an evaluation. I went back the next day, and man was that bad. It was an extremely painful adjustment. I actually felt bad for J.! Every time he did something that resulted in me somehow responding to the pain (reflexes cannot be helped LOL), he'd apologize up and down. I kept telling him he didn't have to apologize - he's doing what he needs to for me to get better. But, I was in a decent - or is it indecent? - amount of pain. But, I'm in my third week of treatment (I seem to be going twice a week now) and doing amazingly well. I still get stiff and sore, but nothing like I had been. I go back tomorrow, with Abby in tow!

OK, wow, that was more detail than I'd intended. My purpose was just to say I've been quiet because my back injury has forced me to spend less time on the computer. There was awhile there when sitting at the computer at all was EXTREMELY painful. Then there was time when short bursts were bearable, but left me in pain upon getting up. Now, I'm just trying to keep from sitting too long. Did you know that sitting is actually harder on your back than standing? It really is - even a healthy back. So, I'm trying to move more.

Anyway, all that to say I've been quiet not because I have nothing to say, but because saying it would bring me to tears - or close to. I hope to get the last of my product reviews for ecostoreUSA done soon. But, I'm still waiting to be able to sit and not feel rushed. (Feeling rushed is because I want to get up before the pain and/or stiffness returns.)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh no! I hope that you feel better soon. The BLOG looks FANTASTIC!!

ham1299 said...

Thank you, Lisa! I'm doing much better overall. I just wanna be normal, ya know?

Thanks on the blog. It's another gorgeous template from Simply Fabulous ... I tweaked it a little, though - some of the colors. I just wish I knew how to fix the two-line post titles so they're not so squished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...