Monday, August 10, 2009

Book Review: Nyphron Rising

Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations) Nyphron Rising by Michael J. Sullivan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Another absolutely riveting installment in The Riyira Revelations series! We are now halfway through the entire series, and I cannot wait to see where it's going. Once again, Michael J. Sullivan did not disappoint. There was suspense, humor, action, treachery, and even a tiny bit of love thrown in.

I found that I was able to guess what was going to happen in a couple of instances. I suspect that it was not a problem with the story, rather a familiarity with Royce and Hadrian. This being the third book about these central characters, I feel like I "know" them and can guess what they're thinking. I think that is why I was able to figure out what they were going to do a couple of times. This speaks volumes of Sullivan's abilities as an author. To have characters that readers can learn so well is pretty impressive. They are well-rounded and very consistent from one installment to the next.

Getting back to Royce and Hadrian, I loved the exchange while they were imprisoned in Hintindar. I thought Hadrian's revelation regarding Royce was touching.

The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger, and I do wonder what "the truth" is and whether Royce and/or Hadrian learn it in time. I will be waiting impatiently to get my hands on the next book in the series to see how this all plays out!

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...