Saturday, November 7, 2009

It's Official

I have officially lost 10 pounds since starting to watch what I eat! I am thrilled beyond measure - but also discouraged as it can be tough to maintain complete self control (especially right after Halloween). But, 10 pounds - to me - is a HUGE milestone. I have been begging God for weeks to just let me get to that one milestone so I can feel like I'm accomplishing something. So I can know that my efforts are paying off! I have FINALLY hit it! And really, it's not so bad - it took me about two months to do it. That's really not bad. (Too bad I know that maintaining this rate of loss isn't something I'm likely going to do, but so long as I keep losing I won't complain!)

Looking at this particular first milestone made me realize that I need to reassess my goals. For those who missed my first post on this subject, go here to read the whole story. For the rest of you, here is what I posted as my goals, with updated info in purple.
  • I want to wear my wedding and engagement rings again.  Mission accomplished! I have been wearing them for about a month now! I can't get them off easily, but that's OK. I don't want them off! ;-)
  • I want to look good again. Unfortunately, I feel like I've a long way to go to accomplish this one. But, that's to be expected.
  • I want to feel good about myself. I wouldn't say I feel good about myself yet, but I do feel better about myself. It helps that my current pants are starting to feel loose. (I'll feel better when I can COMFORTABLY wear the next size down!)
  • I never want to be embarrassed by my size again. Not there yet, but hope to be soon.
  • I want to wear normal clothes - no more plus sizes. I am getting there. The loose pants are VERY encouraging!
  • I want to be healthy. I think once I figure out a consistent exercise routine, I'll see this come to pass.
  • I want to be a good example for my children - especially my girls. Abby told me the other day that when she's grown up she's going to eat healthy foods and exercise a lot so she can stay skinny. I hope that one day – preferably in the not-too-distant future – she'll be able to see the difference in me.
  • I want to please my husband - and make him proud of me. He has said that losing 10 pounds is impressive. Hopefully he'll soon be telling me he can see a difference and feel a difference (like when he hugs me).
I feel like I'm making decent progress. The impatient side of me, though, wants to see more visible results SOONER! Patience is a virtue, right? Someone says that. And I know they're right. I just don't wanna wait to look better – and to feel better about myself!

Photobucket

5 comments:

denise said...

Way to go! It's so hard to be disciplined about food and exercise. I've been doing a certain workout video consistently for about six months and am just now struggling to keep at it. Your post is encouraging me to stick with it. Thanks!

Just_Jennie said...

Good for you Heather! Way to go! Woo Hoo! Fabulous! :)

ham1299 said...

Thank you, ladies!

Denise ~ Wow. Thank you! I have really fallen off the exercise bandwagon, which is so disheartening. I noticed how much of a difference it was making when I was exercising daily, but still a couple of wrinkles in my routine were all it took to derail me! :-( Why are good habits so hard to make AND KEEP?

♥Kelly♥ said...

Heather I got the notification in my email that you had posted this and totally forgot to come over to the site and tell you WHOOO HOOOO! I'm so proud of you. I know it's such a hard thing to change these habits, especially exercise. Way to go girl!!

ham1299 said...

Thanks, Kelly! I have since lost some of my steam - stupid holidays and other things that distrupt the routine! But, I've still lost more than 10 lbs at this point. I figure so long as I don't backtrack, I am doing OK. Of course, we have two birthdays, Christmas, and New Year's to get through ... *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...