Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Editor in Me Cringes!

I have to say something. Before I do, though, please bear a couple of things in mind:
  • My degree is in English.
  • I have worked several years as an editor - most of which were as a copy editor.
  • I am one of those word nerds who loves to see the English language used correctly.
  • I do know that most incorrect usage of the language stems from either not knowing any better or confusion. Key word there: MOST. I know some people don't give a you-know-what.
Now that that's out of the way. Minor vent is here. I HATE that the titles of these things tend to lack needed punctuation. Five Question Friday should be Five-Question Friday. Friend Makin' Monday should be Friend-Makin' Monday. I'm sure there are more. And please, if you are the creator of these - and others like these - please do not be offended. I don't mean to offend. I can grit my teeth and ignore it - most of the time. Unfortunately, I cannot let it go completely unmentioned. Sorry. Remember, as stated above, I've spent LOTS of time editing. I have nothing but love for you - AND your creation(s)!

Photobucket

4 comments:

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

I'm a late follower from FF - Misadventures Of Mom of 3. I am now worried about my blog content. Grammar was never my strong suit (did I spell that right?!?).

ham1299 said...

First, thank you for the visit! I'll come see you next! :-) As for your blog, to NOT worry! I don't pass my time editing others' posts or anything. There are some things that just jump out at me. It's part of my professional training/experience. As I stated above, most of the time I can ignore it. And, most of the time, I forget it forever. The two mentioned above are recurring posts, hence my inability to completely ignore it!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

WHEW - breathing easy over here!

ham1299 said...

LOL I promise not to edit your blog! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...