Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's good to be home

The family and I had spent the weekend with family - hence my absence. It's so nice to be home now. Of course, it's always nice to be home. Home sweet home - yes, it's a cliche, but it's true! ;-)

We were visiting my husband's family, who live downstate from us. That means at least 5½ hours on the road. NOT much fun. Thank God for factory-installed DVD systems! ;-) The kids loved seeing their grandparents, and our oldest was sad to leave today. Poor thing. I know she misses her family. We don't really live close to family, except a cousin of my husband. We don't see her much, so it's not really like she's here. I think we see my family (who are 2½ hours away) more often.

I do this thing on my Vox blog called unconscious mutterings. It's a weekly thing. I wish I could say I did it weekly, but, well, I don't. I think I'm lucky if I remember to do it on a monthly basis. But, it's fun - word association. But, today's list had Chicago. That made me sad. That's where I was born and raised (not downtown, but in the 'burbs). My family (for the most part) is still there and I miss them all dearly. I ache to see them and be near them - and it's worse since my kids were born. I wish we lived closer - and I hate knowing that without an act of God, there is NO WAY we could afford to live there now. Here we own a house and I'm able to stay home with my kids. Unless God were to pull off some HUGE surprise, we'd never be able to do that anywhere near my family. :-( It makes me so sad. I miss them so much.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...