Saturday, June 6, 2009

Book Review: Body of Knowledge

Body of Knowledge Body of Knowledge by Bryce Anderson

rating: 4 of 5 stars
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. I purchased it directly from the author after not winning a Firstreads copy. The description on the back of the book made me curious. So, I decided to give it a try. It held my interest and was very thought-provoking. Toward the end, I found myself wanting to read faster so I could find out how it all ends. I do wonder why the author wrote it in the first-person using his own name as the main character. Is he trying to say he had met someone like JP once? I have no way of knowing, of course, but I definitely think it adds some intrigue.

So, why not six stars? Well, for one, while I really enjoyed it, it didn't exactly knock my socks off either. Plus, there were a LOT of editing errors that I just can't get past. The main - and most frustrating to me (a former editor) - was confusion of its/its'/it's. There were also some spots where I felt some rearranging of a few paragraphs would've made it flow better.

Overall, it was an enjoyable book that I am glad to have read. Anyone who wishes to read it can sign up here to win a FREE copy on goodreads!

View all my reviews.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...