Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Book Review: Shadow of Betrayal

Shadow of Betrayal (Jonathan Quinn series #3) Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles

rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another book I received through the FirstReads program here on Goodreads. I am very glad I did. I never would've read it or given Brett Battles any thought.

Shadow of Betrayal had me hooked from the very beginning. It starts with action and never lets up. I kept feeling like I'd been reading an episode of Fox's show 24. I'm a HUGE fan of the show, so there's no surprise I loved this book! I found myself wanting to read more and more - and I wanted to know how the different story lines were going to work together. I was not disappointed!

There were some things I found myself wishing had been explained, but then I found out that this is the THIRD book in a series. So, now I think I'll go back and read the previous two - hopefully the answers are in them! Despite my wanting to know more about a few things, this novel definitely stands fine on its own.

Brett Battles has a new fan. I will be getting my hands on the other books in this series as soon as I can - and I'm looking forward to the fourth book, which I know is in the works. (There's a blurb inside about the upcoming book.)

View all my reviews.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...