Friday, January 22, 2010

Book Review: Your Name Here Guide to Life

Your Name Here Guide to Life: The book you'd have written, if only you had the time. Your Name Here Guide to Life: The book you'd have written, if only you had the time. by Michael Rosenbaum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed this book. I'd expected it to be a decent read, but found it quite enjoyable. The voice is perfect, and the nuggets of advice are right-on. Many times I found myself nodding and smiling in recognition of what I was reading. I could relate to much of what was said. The references to life in Chicago helped that for sure - especially talk about Chicago sports teams. I chuckled as I read it, because that's something I've always said, too. (I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, so I could relate to the Chicago talk.) I did find myself wondering whether people without a Chicago connection could appreciate the references - even the one about the Chicago Bears.

I honestly would prefer to give this four and a half stars, but that's not an option, so five stars it is. It was an enjoyable, quick read. I would recommend it to my friends as something fun - and light - to enjoy.

View all my reviews >>

If you're interested, please support my blog by purchasing the book through this link. Thank you!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...