Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Random Dozen 9/1

1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture. Insect? I dunno. I guess maybe bees, wasps, things like that.

2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do? Umm ... we buy organic milk for the kids.

3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you. Gosh, it's been a LONG time since I've had the dream. But, it's always in a big white house that has a huge lawn. My family – meaning my mom and my sisters – is always there with me, and there's always some evil spirit in the house. Last I remember it we were on the second floor, and there was a stairwell in the back corner of the house that led down below the house, where the evil spirit was dwelling. I remember us trying to pray against the spirit, but ending up trying to flee the house. We were in a small white car, trying to get as far away as possible, but traffic was horrible and we couldn't move very quickly! That was the latest installment. I've had that house in my dreams, with my mom and sisters, and some sort of evil presence, many times throughout the years. The circumstances, the "resolution" or whatever isn't always the same, though.

4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances? Nope.

5. What do you consider your best feature? If we mean physical feature, I'd guess my eyes.

6. What was the last concert you went to? Umm ... I think it was Skillet in November. Or Winter Jam earlier this year. Yeah, that was it. Third Day, Tenth Avenue North, Fireflight, and a bunch of other groups were there.

7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced. Can't think of one, sorry.

8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer? Singer.

9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute? Umm ... I dunno. I'm sitting at my computer desk in the corner of my living room. The sky is full of clouds, and we're expecting more storms.

10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010? Today? I don't know. I have nothing particularly memorable planned. But, the day's not quite half over, so perhaps something exciting (in a good way) will happen.

11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.) I'm hungry, so right now Taco Bell! ;-)

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships? Maybe. I don't think all male-female relationships are sexual, but I think the potential is ALWAYS there. Always. So, as a married woman, I try to make sure my husband is friends with my male friends. And he tries not to cultivate friendships with women I'm not familiar with.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I agree with #12...that's how we work here too.

Your blog background is pretty : )

renita said...

Great answers! I agree with #12 too. That's what we do and are successful in keeping a separation with the opposite sex friends. We should be on guard always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...