Saturday, September 12, 2009

Book Review: The Case for Christ

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus by Lee Strobel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a very, very good book. I almost gave it four stars. I think that, for me, it's because I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember. I didn't really need logical proof of Jesus. I know Jesus, and this just backed it up for me. But, the amount of archeological and historical evidence backing up what I've always known to be true is astounding. That is why I decided on five stars. To see this all written out, the evidence in black and white, right there on the page. It makes me want to perhaps read more of the reference books listed. Not because I need proof - I don't. But because it's just fascinating.

If you've ever believed something in faith - meaning, having no concrete proof, but you still believe - you might get what I'm talking about. You know something, but have no way of proving it. Until you stumble upon something that gives you some hard-to-ignore evidence. For me, it was seeing that SCIENCE can back up a spiritual, eternal truth. Just amazing.

I fully intend to read a couple more of Lee Strobel's books, especially The Case for a Creator and The Case for the Real Jesus. I cannot wait to see more evidence to back up what I've already known to be true!

I highly recommend this for anyone and everyone. If you're a long-time Christian like I am, this is an AMAZING book to read. It's exciting and just mind-blowing to know that the New Testament has been highly researched and mostly determined to be an accurate historical record! If you're not a Christian, I urge you to read it. Try to have an open mind. I think you'll be amazed by what you learn.

View all my reviews

Click here to purchase The Case for Christ

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...