Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yeah, I know, it's Tuesday

But, the ONE week I stop looking for Friend Makin' Monday, it's back! LOL Figures, huh? But, I figure, better late than never, right?

Apparently, it's going to be hosted by Amber for a little bit, while Kasey takes a break. Lord knows I can understand that! Thank you, Amber, for taking it on! So, here I go.

1. Do you cook every night?
Nope. My wonderful husband cooks most nights.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

I use Tide HE. Because it's what my washer needs.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?

LOL This is a loaded (pardon the unintentional pun) question! I often end up devoting a day or two to getting laundry done, but I'd like to do one load every day. Now that school's back in session, I think I can get that habit going - FINALLY!

4. How often do you eat out per week?
TOO much. It varies from week to week, but we definitely need to work on this!

5. Where do you usually eat out?
Drive-thru: McDonald's, Culver's, Sonic, Jimmy John's
Eat-in: Chili's, Village Inn, sometimes Culver's

6. What is your favorite retail store?
♥Target♥

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Dr Pepper, but I'm working on drinking it less and drinking more water.

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
I should, but generally don't. Occasionally, I'll take one or two of the kids' gummy vitamins when giving them theirs.

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
I'm honestly not sure. DH does cooking, washes dishes, vacuums (most of the time), and deals with the outside stuff. I generally do most of the rest of it.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
A little bit. Abby feeds the dog, helps feed the cats, helps us clean when we ask, puts away her own laundry. The other two, not so much.

11. Do you go to church?
No. It's been a LONG time. It's not that we don't want to go - it's getting there that's the problem.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
No, but perhaps I should create one. Maybe I'd actually get stuff done around here!

13. Do you keep a working budget?
No. We're horrible about that. We keep saying we need to make one, but so far haven't.

14. What do you do at night as a family?
Dinner, hang out (outside when it's warm), watch TV when there's something we all like

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I don't really, except trying to get the laundry finished over the weekend.

16. What do your mornings look like?
Abby and Grant are getting up between 6 and 7 most mornings. I get up with them. Get myself dressed, tell Abby to get dressed, get Grant dressed. Make them breakfast. My husband drops Abby off at school on his way to work, and I drop Grant off at school about 45 minutes later. Natalie is our wild card. She sometimes wakes with the other two, sometimes wakes when we're eating, other times I have to wake her before leaving with Grant. Those times, she eats after we drop him off.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
By 7.

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

I'm working on getting to bed earlier. Nowadays, it seems to be between 10:30 and 11:30.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
I have a filing cabinet I use for school stuff and other such things. I have what I call my bill book for bills - it's a 3-ring binder with pocket folders inside. Each folder is for a month. There's a sheet of paper with a grid of due date, payee, amount due, amount paid, date paid, check number (or online transaction). Other papers - well, we're trying to figure out a good system for those.

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
Mostly calendars. I rely on Google's calendar - I would forget most things without the e-mail reminders!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...