Monday, September 14, 2009

Book Review: One Tuesday Morning

One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, Book 1) One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is the first book I've ever read by Karen Kingsbury, and it was a good one to start with. While it's not some of the best writing I've ever read, the story is EXCELLENT and absolutely captivating. It also was probably the most heart-wrenching thing I have read in a VERY long time. I can't remember the last book that literally had me choking back tears through a good portion of it!

I like that it's faith-based fiction. It's so cool to have characters who do what I do in times of crisis - pray. Ask God for help. Cry out to God in desperation. And I absolutely love that it's a modern-day redemption story. While it had a happy ending for some characters, the endings for others was absolutely heart-breaking.

I did find that the story was a little predictable. Even before the events in the South Tower occurred, I knew who'd survive. I don't know if that was the intent, but there was enough foreshadowing that I couldn't miss it. My only other problem was an inconsistency in the plot. Throughout most of the book, the little girl named Sierra is said to be four years old. But, at one point shortly before the terrorist attacks occur, the narrative says she's "age five." I can't decide whether that's a small error or a big one. But, it's an error nonetheless.

That said, I already have the sequel, Beyond Tuesday Morning, in my possession and will be starting it shortly. I look forward to seeing what's next!

View all my reviews >>

Click here to purchase One Tuesday Morning (September 11 Series #1)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...