Saturday, September 26, 2009

Check-in time

It has been three weeks since I first post about getting myself back in shape. (You can read that here, if you'd like.) I thought I should post a quick update as to my progress.

Keep in mind the fact that my main difference is watching what I'm eating. I'm trying to eat no more than 2,000 calories per day. I haven't started into a lot of exercise yet. I am walking more than I had been, but I haven't done much more than that. Yet. I do plan to do more. But, for now, I'm concentrating on my calorie intake first. That said, I'm happy to announce that it's working! I've been steadily losing weight! My average is slightly above 1 lb. per week, and I think that is great! At that rate, I'll be down 50 lbs. at the end of a full year! I can live with that! ;-)

For now, I am pleased to share that I have lost ...

SEVEN pounds!

Yes, that doesn't sound like much, but when you take into account that I started this five weeks ago, I think that's pretty darn good!

My main reason for deciding to post an update is I'm starting to lose some steam. I had decided to share my journey here in part to keep me accountable, so I must update occasionally to maintain that! But, I currently am struggling a bit. I want to lose the weight. I want to get back to my pre-baby weight - or at least out of the plus-sizes! But, it's hard. It's hard to be constantly disciplined and constantly keeping track of what's coming in. It's especially hard because I LOVE to eat out. Generally, eating out is not conducive to losing weight! Plus, I HATE coffee. When I need a boost, I grab a Dr Pepper, but that's not so smart when trying to lose weight! Those are a LOT of wasted calories!

I'm trying to focus on the good - I'm losing weight. If I keep on keeping on, I will find my way back to ME! I cannot WAIT for that to happen!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...