Monday, April 13, 2009

Would this freak YOU out?

Let's just say that since we returned home yesterday, there has been a short series of odd events on the premises.

While pulling into my garage last night, I noticed that our trash can and recycling bin have moved. No, not moved, rather pivoted - turned roughly 45 degrees clockwise so that they are angled kinda diagonal to the garage. Odd. I put them back, as that's not how we keep them. I figured it was a freak odd occurrence. Either maybe they got blown around while we were gone and someone put them back. Or maybe some freak wind gust(s) caused it. I dunno.

Apparently I was wrong. The kids and I get home after a Target run about an hour and a half ago, and the cans have been turned again. I'm thinking that it's definitely not a fluke. And I should probably note that no one else's cans have been turned. Who the heck would be doing this? Should I be worried? If my husband was here, I wouldn't be worried - just annoyed. But, he's not - and won't be until early May. I guess that puts me on high alert. Anyway, is the old man from across the alley a suspect? Again, it's only our cans. No one else's. What gives? I'll be honest and say I'm slightly creeped out by this.

Tomorrow is garbage day. Tonight I put out the can for pick-up (no recycling this week). I decided to leave the pivoted cans because of that, but when I put it back tomorrow afternoon, I'll put it back the way we usually keep them. What if it happens again?

4 comments:

Mominator said...

Very odd. I would just keep an eye out, just in case. I would get a little freaked so I don't think you are crazy or anything. Better to be safe than sorry is my motto.

ham1299 said...

Well, DH thinks it's neighborhood kids goofing off. But, then, why not the whole block? Why just us? He's telling me not to think about that. Just to try not to worry. But with him gone, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. This is one time - of very few - that I'm very glad we got the dog!

Just_Jennie said...

Wow, creepy. Stuff like that bugs me too. I was thinking what Dan thought too - neighborhood kids goofing around, some like to target just one household sometimes - why? Not sure.

ham1299 said...

Yeah, he's probably right. Last week was spring break, too. So, they were probably bored. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...