Monday, June 14, 2010

A Bit of Me(Me): Movies

Isn't that picture absolutely adorable? I love it! Makes me think of my own babies. I always loved their precious little baby feet!

So, what's this about? There's a great getting-to-know-you-type meme hosted by There's a Book that I thought would be great. I think it's so much fun to learn more about each other. I can't think of a better way to build a strong community of bloggers who are more than just fellow bloggers – fellow bloggers who also are friends! The current topic is about movies.

Tell us about your favorite movie and why. If you can't pick just one, give us your top five!


I don't know if I can pick one. Or even five. I have eclectic taste in movies (at least I think I do), and there are so many that I love for so many different reasons. But, I'll give it a shot.

1. Braveheart

I think this is probably my all-time favorite movie. I love it. Lots of action, romance, and even humor. The story is heartbreaking, exciting, hopeful, then heartbreaking again. And to think it's based (probably loosely) on a real person. Amazing. I love how it goes through the whole gamut of emotions!


2. Fight Club

This is one of my favorites of all time, too. I think this is masterfully done. I never saw the end coming. Not once. LOVE this movie!


3. He's Just Not That Into You

I recently saw this and was blown away! I had no idea what I was getting into, but I LOVED it! It filled me with warm fuzzies, and I'm not gonna argue with that! ;-) My husband was out of town when we had this (via Netflix), so I told him that if he wants to see it then we're gonna buy it. I'll definitely see this again and again and again ...


4. Gladiator

Maybe this one is my all-time favorite. I dunno! LOL What I do know is I love this one, too. Again, the whole gamut of emotions. From excited to sad to happy to hopeful to disappointed to sadder than before. And Russel Crowe was amazing in this movie. This is one I own and have been pining for the extended edition! (Anyone know if that's on Blu-ray yet?)


5. The Princess Bride

Does this really need any explanation?

So, what about you? What are your favorite movies? If you wanna link up, check out the latest post.

7 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

Princess Bride has been a popular one with quite a few people. Really, I could take your entire list! I love all of these movies! Braveheart is an amazing movie and I think before LoTR came along it filled my #1 spot for a very very long time.

Fabulous choices! Thanks so much for joining in! Can't wait to have you jump in next time too!

Chris said...

Great taste in movies! I gotta tell ya....Emil's grandfather (great...great...great...etc), was Edward Longshanks. :-( I can't believe I married a descendant of the King who killed William Wallace! lol

ham1299 said...

Hey, this is an awesome meme! :-) I just hope I remember to do it regularly ...

You know, LOTR is one of my favorites – Return of the King just like you. These aren't in any particular order, and if we had a longer list, it'd definitely be there!

ham1299 said...

You have GOT to be kidding me! Really? I don't know if we can be friends anymore. I mean, that is my family's heritage ... (DH's family is Scotch-Irish.)

Oh, who am I kidding? <3 You know I love ya more than that! ;-)

SenoraG said...

Great movies. My hubby is obsessed with Gladiator.

Bumbles said...

Braveheart is one of the best isn't it? It sucks me right in every time I come across it on TV. And I totally agree with Fight Club - never saw that ending coming. I love Ed Norton. And can you believe I never saw The Princess Bride until just a few years ago? How did that not come to my attention sooner?! I haven't seen your other choices yet. But I totally remember Eliz. Taylor announcing the Best Picture winner being GLAD-I-A-TOR in that sing-songy voice that made her sound highly medicated ;0)

ham1299 said...

Braveheart is awesome. Most days, though, I think Gladiator is even better. You MUST see it! ;-) Did you like The Princess Bride?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...