Friday, June 11, 2010

E-mail to Mr. Ham

I just sent the following e-mail to my wonderful husband:
There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth by children (ESPECIALLY the male child) in our household just now ...

It finally happened ...

We both have feared this day ...

They're gone!

All of them ...

GONE!

I'm hoping he'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm guessing he will.

I'm betting you don't know what I'm talking about. So, let me explain.

When I got pregnant with our youngest, one way we decided to help the bottom line was to cancel our satellite service. Since then (almost three years now), we've only had free TV. We did get a DVR, so we can still record shows, but the only programming we have is what's available from networks in our area. For the most part, our kids watch PBS shows. Favorites include Curious George, Martha Speaks, Word Girl, Dinosaur Train, and Super WHY. Great shows.

In January we bought a Blu-ray player. And Mr. Ham signed us up for Netflix, including the streaming. We started streaming kids' shows (not found on PBS). The favorites (by far) around here are Dora and Blues Clues.

A few months ago we received notice that both were going to be removed from the instant queue. We are guessing contract issues. Anyway, it didn't happen when it was supposed to. Then we got a second notice that they were going to disappear again a few weeks later. Still didn't happen. Recently I noticed they were supposed to disappear sometime this month. I didn't quite believe it, but knew it was a possibility.

A pre-naptime routine has been watch an episode of Blues Clues or Dora. We went to do so this afternoon, and they were (I guess I should say ARE) gone. GONE ...

I guess June 11 was the date they were scheduled to be removed ...

And that is when the weeping and gnashing of teeth happened. Figuring something else out was tough, but we settled on a Leap Frog DVD.

I sure hope Netflix gets the streaming Dora and Blues Clues back soon!

1 comments:

Friday’s Fave Five #5 said...

[...] recently posted an e-mail I had sent to Mr. Ham. (If you haven’t read it yet, it can be found HERE. It opens in a new tab/window, so you won’t lose your place. Don’t worry. I’ll [...]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...