Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #5

I can't remember the last time I did this one. Bad me. I really want to do this more often. It's always, ALWAYS good to look back and see what I'm thankful for over the course of the week.

This is hosted on Living to Tell the Story. If you’d like to join in, the rules of play can be found HERE. This week’s post, with the MckLinky attached, is HERE.
  1. Girl Scout Camp ~ Yes, I know. I'm a horrible mother, but I needed a break from the oldest. She's the sweetest, most loving child. But she's also a handful. And she gets bored easily. Girl Scout Camp (day camp) was a perfect activity for us. She's still home in the mornings and at night, but during the day she's having a blast with her friends. And, she's in the same group as her BFF. Yesterday she told me she's sad that today is the last day of camp. Me, too, kid. Me, too.
  2. FROGs ~ Say what? That's my forum for Christian women (frogsgroup.com), and these ladies are the best, most supportive group of women I've ever had in my life. Even though I've been less-than involved there lately, they're still here for me when I need them. Thank you, ladies! I love you all!
  3. A very understanding husband ~ A few weeks ago we purchased a new mattress. We chose poorly. After about a week and a half of hemming and hawing, I finally said enough was enough. It isn't as soft as I like my bed. It's too bouncy (we had a Simmons Beautyrest before, and we are SPOILED as a result). I'm waking up with a sore back EVERY day. Not good. Not good at all. So, my wonderful husband, who said he was fine on that mattress, agreed to get a new new mattress. (There's a 30-day guarantee, thankfully.) So, I went (without Natalie) and chose my top three. (And wouldn't you know it, I went back to Simmons! Which, interestingly, wasn't available the first time we shopped, so I think it's good we chose poorly first.) Mr. Ham and I went back (with the kiddos in tow) and he agreed on my absolute favorite! :-D My wonderful, sweet husband didn't let the fact that it costs TWICE our original selection stop him. (Shockingly, I have to add!) He and I agree: We got 11 years out of Mattress #1, and expect to likely get about the same out of Mattress #2. Now, the hard part. Waiting. Seven to 14 days for the mattress to arrive in the store. Then we schedule delivery. I still have a sore/stiff back every day (stupid wrong mattress), but at least I know it's almost over!
  4. Thirty-day guarantees ~ See #3 for why! ;-)
  5. Kids' programming back on Netflix ~ I recently posted an e-mail I had sent to Mr. Ham. (If you haven't read it yet, it can be found HERE.) Well, I checked a few days ago to find that Blues Clues and Dora were BACK! WOOT! AND, even better, Diego is available streaming, too! Extra bonus: Instead of just two seasons, all three shows have THREE seasons! Woohoo!

Now it's your turn. What are your five favorite things from this week?

8 comments:

Brenda said...

New mattresses are always so tricky to pick out. We need a new one, but I don't think that's happening any time soon!

cindy said...

Soooo glad you were able to take back your mattress and make another decision on it.

Day camp, there is only one reason it exists and many reasons for it to continue each year.

ham1299 said...

I agree completely about day camp! ;-)

ham1299 said...

I had no idea how hard it could be. Our first mattress was AWESOME. But, this time we had to chase three kids around the store - I think that's what made the difference! It's hard to really evaluate mattresses when you're only giving it about 25% of your attention! ;-)

Susanne said...

A good mattress is so important. Gotta love those 30 day guarantees on new mattresses.

Day camps are awesome for busy kids.

Willow said...

Welcome back to FFF.

We are mattress shopping right now. It's not my favorite activity but it needs to be done. You know--sore back, etc.

May all your children's programs play all day every day!

ham1299 said...

May you have better luck with the mattress shopping than I did ... ;-)

Top 2 Tuesday: Shopping said...

[...] If you missed my tidbit about the trials of buying a new mattress (or two), you can get the scoop HERE. We’ve had the new new mattress for about a week, and I LOVE it! I’m so glad we got it. [...]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...