Friday, May 13, 2011

Review: Dearfoams Slippers

I have always been a shoe girl. You know, the one who has several pairs of shoes, many of which only match one outfit.

Well, until I had kids, but that's another story.

Now that I'm a homeowner, I generally prefer no one wear shoes in the house. When I hear protests (often from Mr. Ham), my response is to wear slippers.

I love slippers! I especially love fuzzy, soft, fluffy ones. But I have a hard time finding ones I like. Some aren't as fluffy as they seem, others just don't suit my style.

Then I was introduced to Dearfoams slippers. Oh. My. Gosh! Any type of slippers you could possibly want are likely available there! You like ballet slippers? Clogs? Boots? Moccasins? No problem! They're there. The man in your life need slippers? They've got him covered!

But, Heather, you say, summer's almost here! Won't slippers be too warm? Don't you worry, my friend! They have open-toe and thong slippers, too!

And this brings me to my review. I was offered a few styles and colors, and chose a thong style. I figured that with summer fast approaching, I would get more use out of them in the coming months. I chose the Blue Print Floral Thongs. I thought they were so cute with the little flowers, and I just loved the colors.


Aren't they adorable? And don't they look supper fuzzy and soft? I couldn't wait to give them a try!

Here's the info on these particular slippers (from the company's Web site):

Go girly with soft and ladylike floral thong slippers—perfect for showing off your just-painted peeping toes.
  • Upper: Terry
  • Lining: Terry
  • Decorative floral embellishments
  • Indulgent foam cushioning
  • Skid-resistant rubber outsoles
  • Machine washable
Priced at $20, they are a great deal. They offer free shipping every day on orders $45 or more, and standard $6 flat-rate ground shipping for less. Not a bad deal!

My own feet donned in my
new Dearfoams slippers.
My Thoughts: They arrived today, and I've already been wearing them around the house. Yes. They are as soft and fuzzy as they look. Yes, they are very comfortable! I just love the rubber outsoles, as I do tend to wear my slippers onto the front porch (and occasionally out back) when I run out for a minute. I like the idea that they aren't going to wear abnormally (for slippers) because the bottom is sturdy. Plus, no concerns over slipping on our tile bathroom or kitchen floors!

These slippers make my feet very happy, and I think I'll be looking to get a winter-weather pair in the fall. (Maybe I'll ask Mr. Ham for some for Christmas.) I like the idea that they'll likely last a lot longer than my standard slippers, which tend to wear away on the bottom (because of my outside wear, no doubt) well before the fluffiness is gone. Bonus: They are machine-washable. I a house full of kids, cats, and a dog (not to mention the man), that is a HUGE bonus!

WIN THEM! 
That's right! I currently have a giveaway (with THREE winners) of Dearfoams slippers. Hurry, though, as the giveaway ends May 15, 2011.

Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for this review, although I was sent a free pair for evaluation purposes. The opinions expressed in this post as solely based on my experience with the product and/or company.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...