Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tune in Tuesday


This is a weekly feature hosted by GReads! that showcases music. I have always considered music my passion, so this is perfect for me!

The Older I Get by Skillet


Now, before I say anything more, I'll make it clear. I absolutely LOVE Skillet. We're talking my all-time favorite band. Ever. I FINALLY saw them live in 2009, and again last year. And they are SO GOOD! Their music has gotten me through a lot, and has been nothing but a wonderful blessing to me.

So, why this song? Well, GReads is a book blog, and that's how I found this meme – perusing book blogs. (For those who don't know, I also am Proud Book Nerd.) I post this one here simply to keep from completely overcrowding the book stuff.

Oddly, this week, the song actually was chosen because it reminds me of my current read, Love Story by Jennifer Echols. Although it's much more mature than the people in the story ... anyway, that's why I am sharing this one. It's possible I've shared it before, as Skillet is probably my most-shared music group, but oh, well. It works! ;-)

Feel free to get involved with this feature by linking up at the bottom of the latest post!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard Skillet before in my whole life but I am always open to new music! It is always just so fun to listen to other people's favorite bands. They certainly are good and in all honesty, ever since you said Jennifer Echols, I was bound to love it. I don't find songs that remind me books often but for her books it is a different story! Great music choice :)
-Katelyn

Loren said...

This is just one of the many I like you! Skillet is the bomb and def one of my fav's for sure!! LOVE this one!

I will have to check out that book now :)

Happy Wednesday! thanks for sharing the video

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...