Monday, May 2, 2011

What's the Bzz: L'Oreal Paris

Before I get started with this post, I just wanted to make it clear that I am a BzzAgent. BzzAgent is a company that helps businesses get the word out about their products. They hook their agents up with products to preview, and then let us loose to share our experiences. BzzAgents are open, honest, and having fun.

I was sent two L'Oreal products for sampling. Before I go into it, let me just tell you that I've never been a big fan of L'Oreal. Not that I was negative about the company. I just wasn't all that into them.

Now, I am sold.

I was sent L'Oreal Paris The One Sweep Eye Shadow and Double Extend Eye Illuminator (mascara). I've always been told that I my eyes are my best feature, and I was excited to have a product that could help me bring them out. And these products do so nicely. Quite nicely – and they are so easy to use. The quickest eye-makeup application ever, at least for me! Prior to this, I wasn't much of a makeup wearer, but I think I'm going to start wearing this eye makeup regularly.
About the eye shadow:
  • One-of-a-kind applicator makes it very easy to apply three complimentary shades to your eyes in one easy step. And it really is super easy. Before this, I never was one to wear more than one shade of eye shadow, simply because I could never get it to look right. Now, I can no problem. It looks great!
  • Shadow colors are coordinated to help enhance your eye color, and come in: Blue, Green/Hazel, and Brown.
  • Suggested retail: $9.95 – and worth every penny!
About the mascara:
  • This is a two-step mascara, and is very easy to use. There is the Black Mascara Basecoat, which has a hint of color, and an Illuminating Topcoat, which is infused with light-reflecting pearls.
  • For an everyday look, apply Topcoat to the tips of eyelashes. For a dramatic look, apply Topcoat from root to tip.
  • Four shades are available: Black Copper for Blue Eyes, Black Bronze for Green/Hazel Eyes, Black Quartz for Brown Eyes, and Black Crystal for All Eyes
  • Ophthalmologist- and allergist-tested, this mascara is safe for both contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes.
  • Suggest retail: $10.95
Again, both products are so easy to use, and look awesome. I got compliments from my husband, my son, and even my 13-year-old niece! (I was especially impressed when my niece complimented me!)

The eye shadow is amazing. And there's a small mirror inside the case that is the perfect size for use when applying the eye shadow. And it stays put. I wore it several days in a row (washing it off every night, of course), and it never gathered in the creases of my eyelids or faded during the day. I was quite happy about that. And washing it off is easy-peasy.

The mascara was awesome. I was able to get the curled effect without using an eyelash curler! Let me tell you, that makes me happy! I hate those things! ;-) I also was able to apply it without getting clumps. I had no trouble washing this off, either. And this, too stayed put throughout the day – even after I got caught outside in a rainstorm!

These are fabulous, fabulous products. I have finally found the perfect eye shadow and mascara combination for me! :-)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sylvia Ney said...

Very interesting! I’m so glad I found you through the A to Z challenge. I look forward to visiting again.

ham1299 said...

Thank you, Sylvia!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Wow, interesting! I would love to try that.

I saw that you posted the award for the A-Z challenge!


Congrats, we SO deserve it!

*Hugs*

Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...