I was sent two L'Oreal products for sampling. Before I go into it, let me just tell you that I've never been a big fan of L'Oreal. Not that I was negative about the company. I just wasn't all that into them.
Now, I am sold.
I was sent L'Oreal Paris The One Sweep Eye Shadow and Double Extend Eye Illuminator (mascara). I've always been told that I my eyes are my best feature, and I was excited to have a product that could help me bring them out. And these products do so nicely. Quite nicely – and they are so easy to use. The quickest eye-makeup application ever, at least for me! Prior to this, I wasn't much of a makeup wearer, but I think I'm going to start wearing this eye makeup regularly.
About the eye shadow:
- One-of-a-kind applicator makes it very easy to apply three complimentary shades to your eyes in one easy step. And it really is super easy. Before this, I never was one to wear more than one shade of eye shadow, simply because I could never get it to look right. Now, I can no problem. It looks great!
- Shadow colors are coordinated to help enhance your eye color, and come in: Blue, Green/Hazel, and Brown.
- Suggested retail: $9.95 – and worth every penny!
- This is a two-step mascara, and is very easy to use. There is the Black Mascara Basecoat, which has a hint of color, and an Illuminating Topcoat, which is infused with light-reflecting pearls.
- For an everyday look, apply Topcoat to the tips of eyelashes. For a dramatic look, apply Topcoat from root to tip.
- Four shades are available: Black Copper for Blue Eyes, Black Bronze for Green/Hazel Eyes, Black Quartz for Brown Eyes, and Black Crystal for All Eyes
- Ophthalmologist- and allergist-tested, this mascara is safe for both contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes.
- Suggest retail: $10.95
The eye shadow is amazing. And there's a small mirror inside the case that is the perfect size for use when applying the eye shadow. And it stays put. I wore it several days in a row (washing it off every night, of course), and it never gathered in the creases of my eyelids or faded during the day. I was quite happy about that. And washing it off is easy-peasy.
The mascara was awesome. I was able to get the curled effect without using an eyelash curler! Let me tell you, that makes me happy! I hate those things! ;-) I also was able to apply it without getting clumps. I had no trouble washing this off, either. And this, too stayed put throughout the day – even after I got caught outside in a rainstorm!
These are fabulous, fabulous products. I have finally found the perfect eye shadow and mascara combination for me! :-)