Saturday, May 21, 2011

A to Z Challenge: Inspiration


If you are new to this blog, then you probably missed my participation in the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of things by participating, and I'm glad to have done so.

When I was stuck on a letter (I am thinking it was N, but I might be wrong), I decided to choose something I know well. A book-related post. And so I chose favorite authors that start with that last name. I ended up doing that for a couple of later posts, when nothing else made me happy.

And then I had a thought: I should've done this on my book blog. I mean, how much fun would it be to do an Authors from A to Z thing? But, by that point we were far enough into April that I didn't want to play catch-up.

Then the challenge ended, and I thought maybe next year I'd do it again, but on Proud Book Nerd. Then I could share my favorite authors from all over the alphabet.

And then I realized that a year is a long time to wait ...

And I thought, why couldn't I do that NOW? Create my own blogging challenge in which I challenge myself to share favorite authors for a month.

Then it occurred to me: June is my month off from scheduled reviews. I will have more time and (probably) fewer reviews to post. What a perfect month for an A to Z Authors challenge. Same number of days as April, and the posting every day except Sunday will work out perfectly!

And I have decided to go for it! I present:

the Authors from A to Z Challenge, coming to Proud Book Nerd starting on June 1.  

And I invite you to participate. If you can't think of an author for one of the days – like maybe the X day – you could share your favorite book, story, poem, book blog, or something else that has something to do with books. I even created a button:


Isn't it pretty? (Please say yes! LOL) I need to do a grab box for it, resize it, etc. Look for that coming soon both here and on PBN.

If you wanna join in, please do. I added a Linky at the bottom, and so far I'm the only one who has signed up. (So lonely!) I know at least one other person is participating, and would love it to be a fun party. (And, hey, if any authors wanna participate, drop me a line. We'll talk - hint, hint ...)

Finally, and most importantly, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the organizers of the April challenge, as without them this never would have come to be.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...