Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday #2

Flashback FridayAgain, this is from Larissa’s Bookish Life, and this week she's gone back 27 months. Once again, my book blog hasn’t been around long enough to do it there right now, but I thought I’d find something here. No book reviews this time. I think that might have been before I started writing book reviews. Anyway, I was a sparodic blogger at that time, so the closest thing to 27 months is from April 26, 2008.
I hadn’t intended to be away this long. Sorry. Although, I don’t think anyone’s even reading this so perhaps I’m only letting myself down! LOL Still, this can be therapeutic, so I really should do it more. Now to explain my absence.

It’s been a helluva couple of weeks. This past week I’ve been spending most of my time (when the kids allow, of course) helping a dear friend of mine launch a new Web site. It’s phpBB based like mine is, so I’ve done most of the modifications and stuff. That has been fun – I like doing stuff like that. (Yes, I know, I’m a nerd! LOL) I’ve even taken a bit of a hiatus from my own site in my efforts to help her get things up and running. I let my Staff know, as I felt they should be aware of my whereabouts. The good thing is I have good people on my site, and me being gone (or in much less than usual) for a while isn’t going to cause it to fall apart. I tried to get on a minimum of once per day. I must’ve done pretty well, as no one seemed to notice my absence.

I have since been made one of four Admin on my friend’s site. I haven’t let anyone on my site know that yet. Do I have to? I don’t think it’s a conflict of interests. My site is for Christian women; the new site is for moms. We aren’t what some would call “competitors” or anything. Plus, I’m one of FOUR Admin there, all of which can do techie stuff. I might say something at least to my staff. But, I don’t want to cause any drama. I know one of my staff members is on the new site, and so far she hasn’t said anything about it to me. (If anyone DOES read this and you happen to be on my site, please comment here to let me know your thoughts.)

Well, laundry beckons. So, I must go for now.

I gotta say it's interesting looking back. It's both fun and a little humbling. :oops:

To add your post to the linky list, see this week's POST.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Hey heather! great to see you joining in again =)

It is so much fun to look back and see your thoughts from a specific period of time isn't it??

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo

ham1299 said...

It is fun! Thanks! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...