Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Egg-cellent

Oh, yes, I did! I have a punny title! Yes, I know, I hate those, but there are times I just cannot resist! ;-)

Anyway, Abby, Grant, and I decided to color eggs today. We hadn't done so before Easter, but who says you can color eggs only for Easter? Plus, Abby has been begging for hard-boiled eggs for a while now, so it serves two purposes. Fun with dye, and feed my girl! ;-)

I haven't boiled very many eggs in my lifetime, so I wasn't exactly sure how to go about doing so. My fear was ending up with soft-boiled eggs, which are G-R-O-S-S! But, recently, I stumbled upon a post by Jen that was about making good deviled eggs. This post caught my eye simply because I LOVE deviled eggs. Love them! In the post she gives advice on the best way to boil the eggs so they can be peeled easily. Long story short: add the eggs to a pot of boiling water, boil for a few minutes, let sit (covered) for about 15 minutes, cool under cold water. And voila! You have perfect, easy-to-peel eggs.

Today, we tested this method ...





drum roll, please ...





and it worked! The eggs were PERFECTLY cooked, and very easy to peel. Even my 6-year-old, who had never before peeled hard-boiled eggs, was able to peel the eggs pretty cleanly. She only butchered one or two, and that only happened when she tried to get it done too quickly!

So, THANK YOU, Jen! Now that I've found an awesome – no, make that the BEST – way to boil my eggs, I just might be ready to try making deviled eggs (my FAVORITE)!

Photobucket

2 comments:

MrsJenB said...

HOORAY! I am so happy that this worked for you!! I'm, like, blushing over here! Haha thank you for citing me so generously, and now you haaaave to make deviled eggs and let me know how they go!!

ham1299 said...

LOL Don't blush! You had EXCELLENT advice, and I had to share! ;-) I'll definitely let you know if/when I make deviled eggs! Thanks again for the GREAT advice! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...