Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Fave 5

LOVE this idea! Share your five favorite things from the past week! This is hosted on Living to Tell the Story. If you'd like to join in, the rules of play can be found HERE. This week's post, with the MckLinky attached, is HERE.

1. Lilacs ~ The other morning, I could smell them as I walked from the house to the garage, and back. They were just starting to bloom. And now, they're HERE! They are my absolute FAVORITE flowers because they are so fragrant, beautiful, and FRAGRANT! :-)

2. Back to school ~ Last week was spring break. And it was nice. The kids and I enjoyed our time together. But, well, by week's end, I was READY for school! (How am I gonna get through SUMMER?)

3. Reading ~ I finished TWO good books this week, and have started another AWESOME book! Wanna know details? Follow me at Proud Book Nerd! :-)

4. Chinese food ~ Dh and I had Chinese food for dinner last night. It's a RARE treat, and one of my FAVORITE ethnic foods! :-)

5. Organizing my pantry ~ Oh, yes, I did! This time I decided that our pantry was a disaster and HAD to be fixed. One, it was frustrating. Two, it was embarrassing. Three, I could tell it was a big source of stress for my hubby. So, well, I cleaned it out, top to bottom, and reorganized it! I'm 99% finished – finished enough to be feeling like I got a LOT accomplished!

And that's it this week! What a great meme! I like looking back and counting my blessings! I'll be back next week for sure! :-)

Photobucket

10 comments:

Christine D. said...

I LOVE taco pizza! Have you tried Hawaiian pizza at all? That's one of my favs too.

ham1299 said...

Hawaiian? Eww ... no. No pineapple or ham or anything like that on my pizza! Remember - SUPER picky eater here! ;-)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oooh, what a PRETTY blog! The lilacs fit right in, didn't they?

I'm on my way to your book blog. Isn't it funny how different our children are? Mine are all boys, yet each is so unique.

Happy weekend!

ham1299 said...

Thank you! :-) I had it designed by the lovely ladies at The Cutest Blog on the Block. This blog always makes me VERY happy! :-) Can you believe I didn't realize how well the lilacs fit, though? LOL I guess it's one of those things you get too used to seeing and just stop noticing.

Yes, it is quite funny how different these kids can be! LOL I remember everyone telling me that each child will be different, but I had no idea HOW different. And having two of the same gender just totally hammers that home! LOL

Thanks for checking out the book blog! :-)

Susanne said...

Hi Heather. Welcome to FFF!

Organizing your pantry must have felt like a wonderful accomplishment. I need to do some of those jobs too.

The lilacs are beautiful. I love the way they smell too. And they are so beautiful and fragrant in a vase on the table. Make the whole kitchen smell lovely.

Love your book blog.

Karyn said...

Lilacs, reading, oranizing....sounds like a great week!

Hope your next week is even better!

J.J. said...

I love love love lilacs!!!!! The color...the scent....all of it!!!!!!

Cathie said...

What a pretty picture of lilacs. Sounds like you had a great week. I've been looking at lilacs from a distance all week but haven't gotten close enough to smell them. Good job on organizing the pantry, too!

Willow said...

Welcome to FFF! Friday is always my favorite day of the week. You had a great week and I know that the lilacs were a special part of it. Aren't they beautiful? Hurray for the clean and organized pantry!

ham1299 said...

Willow ~ Thank you!

Cathie ~ I wish I could take credit for that pic, but I can't. It's from fotolia.com!

J.J. ~ EXACTLY!

Karyn ~ Thank you!

Susanne ~ Now I just have to do the last few things for my pantry to be finished. Must. Finish. It! ;-) Oh, and thank you on the book blog! :-) I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...