Friday, April 16, 2010

Things That Shouldn't Surprise Me

... but somehow they do!
  1. My son, Grant, is a very picky eater. Given that I am a picky eater ... Ironically, my girls are better eaters than my boy is. Go figure! LOL 
  2. Speaking of my girls, Abby is a nonstop talker. Talk, talk, talk. She even says that she LOVES talking! Why shouldn't this surprise me? I'm so glad you asked! As a newborn, this girl cried and cried and cried. All. the. time. Unless she was eating or sleeping, of course. No, no colic – doctor said so, and i know so. Just crying for no apparent reason. My mom, who has TONS of experience with babies and kids, even found her challenging – and I quote "she's the hardest baby I've ever seen!" Thankfully, she waited until Abby got a little less difficult before saying that! Anyway, now I think she was just TALKING. As a newborn, the only way she knew to do that was to CRY! So, when I look at it that way, I realize that I shouldn't be so surprised that the girl neverstopstalking! ;-)
  3. Natalie is – well, how do I say it ... challenging – and in a way that's completely different from her older sister. She's go, go, go all the time. She's constantly testing boundaries. She's into EVERYTHING. She was more active than the other two as an infant – started getting into aforementioned EVERYTHING much earlier. Why should this be anything but surprising? For one, she was the MOST active before she was born. This girl moved more regularly, AND with much more oomph behind her movements, than her siblings! MUCH more. MUCH, MUCH more. Add to that, hers was my most difficult pregnancy, and most uncomfortable.
And that's it – for now. I'm sure I'll have more to come somewhere down the road.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I have three sons and one daughter. My daughter is the only one that hasn't ever been a picky eater!

ham1299 said...

Really? Too funny! I never would've expected THAT! LOL So much for boys being willing to eat just about anything, huh? ;-)

J.J. said...

Actually my older two are the picky eaters. The younger two are the type that woule actually eat the table cloth of it somehow found its way on their plate.

I am a picky eater. I am ok with that. I am still alive aren't I?

ham1299 said...

LOL Yeah, you and me both! ;-) I told my hubby that maybe from a biological standpoint it makes sense. In the days before the age in which we knew so much about what does and doesn't treat us well when eaten, it could've come in handy. Someone who stuck to tried-and-true foods surely was less likely to consume something that could make them sick - or worse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...