Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yes, I'll Take Cheese with this Whine

Yes, I need to whine – I mean vent – a bit. And I'm sorry to be such a PITA, but I gotta get it out. I'm feeling frustrated, discouraged, and mildly defeated. I am getting obsessive, I fear – and you'll likely agree when you see where I'm going with this.

It's about Proud Book Nerd. You know, my new – DOUBLY new – book blog. I was so excited – I had NINETEEN Google Friend Connect followers in less than a week! I was so proud of myself and so happy. People wanted to read me.

Then the corruption happened. And I lost the blog.

Unfortunately, the blog's followers didn't come over when I did the URL switcheroo. And now, three. (If you are one of those three - THANK YOU!) Yes, three is better than zero, but it's not as good as NINETEEN! :-(
Breathe. Count your blessings. Breathe some more. Ask God to ease the stupid anxiety over this. Remember you cannot change anything at this point. Just wait and see. God is in control. Hopefully the new friends will find their way back. In the end, this WILL be worth it. If nothing else, Ramblings is going to be much less cluttered – that's worth something, isn't it?
Photobucket

7 comments:

Christine D. said...

Hang in there!! Remember, what satan takes away, God gives recompense...you'll get it back and then some. All you need to do is stay calm, stay focused on Him and believe that everyone who's supposed to be a follower of your blog will find their way back. It's not easy - but that's what makes the difference between those of us who persevere and those who don't. You'll be rewarded for your faith and obedience! <3 <3

Christine D. said...

Joyce always says that when we start to get obsessive (and/or compulsive) over anything...it means somewhere our emotions are out of balance. Everyone experieces varying degrees of obsession, but the law behind it is the same. It's a device used to pull you from one extreme to another, and the goal is to rob you of power that you've been allotted. Trusting in God will really help you get to a place where you'll feel at peace about this, because He's so much bigger than this or anything else you're facing. I've experienced this knowledge first-hand so I know it works...there's a whole section about this in her Managing Your Emotions book if you're interested. It's gonna be okay! <3

MrsJenB said...

Um, guess which blog I am now following??? I didn't even know you had a book blog! I love books! I have two rather sizeable books in my bag right this very minute!

So see? You're gaining new followers as a result. Good things can come from this!

ham1299 said...

MrsJenB ~ LOL Thanks. I swear this wasn't a pathetic plea for followers. It was just really bothering me. I was kicking myself for something that was beyond my control! LOL Thanks for joining me over there! It means a lot!

Chris ~ You know, I have read Managing Your Emotions - at least I have it marked on Goodreads as having been read. I couldn't tell you when, and clearly don't remember it. Perhaps it's time to read it again. And you are so right. I need to just let go and let God. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. I've told you time and again that trust is hard for me - I even have some trouble (sometimes) when GOD is who I'm trusting!

mapsgirl said...

I just tweeted about it!! :) And I'm following you again :)

Eoywin said...

I was one of the 3 :D And you are up to 9 now!

Mandy

ham1299 said...

Wendy ~ THANK YOU! :-) You're too sweet!

Mandy ~ Yes, and I appreciate it so much! :-) Thank you for being so supportive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...