This week's theme is FEARS. So, my top five fears (in the order they pop into my mind, not necessarily in order of importance or severity) are:
1. Snakes ~ I think it's a true phobia. ANY type of snake fills me with fear. I even made my husband buy a hose of a color that wouldn't freak me out after we bought our house! And sometimes, even earthworms freak me out! I usually can get that one out of my head, but snakes are a no-go. In fact, I can't even see pics. I close my eyes when watching Indiana Jones or anything else that has any number of snakes in it.
2. Cancer ~ This isn't something I've never verbalized before, but it's true. Everyone I know who has been touched by cancer suffered a great deal and didn't make it. I don't necessarily fear getting it, although I don't really think about it either.
3. Losing my husband ~ I know, we've been married over 11 years now and together for almost 17 years. You'd think I'd be secure in our relationship. And, generally, I am. But, no amount of strength or confidence can keep death from coming – whether soon by some freak accident/occurrence or many, many years from now.
4. Losing my teeth ~ I know, it sounds silly. But it's true. I even have nightmares about it sometimes!
5. Something happening to my kids ~ Something bad, obviously. Whether death, abuse, or other tragic occurrence. I pray God protect them ALWAYS in ALL WAYS!
How about you? Don't forget to link up on Shasta's post HERE!