Friday, April 8, 2011

A to Z Challenge: G



G = Goodreads

Goodreads is an awesome site that I just thought I'd go ahead and plug. I first learned of it a couple of years ago, and quickly became addictive. If you love to read, this site is for you. Not only will it help you find books you'd never even heard of by all sorts of authors, but it will help you organize your reading. I've often had the problem of hearing about a good book and wanting to read it. But, when I was ready for a new read, I could never remember what I had wanted to read.

Enter Goodreads.

You see, I can – and do – use their site to keep track of the many (many, many) books I want to read. By default, there are three "shelves" (basically lists) for their users: currently reading, read, and to-read. You also can create more shelves to further help you keep track in whatever way you might want to. I have created a "want" shelf for books I want to own whether or not I've already read them, a "library" shelf for books I've gotten there, a shelf for each of the book-touring sites I am a part of, and many (many, many) more. As a book blogger, this a HUGE help. But even before the book blog, just as an avid reader, I found Goodreads to be a resource I just could not do without.

So, if you're a reader and you're not there already, check it out! While you're there, look me up. I'm ham1299 on there.




Some of what I've read


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
The Catcher in the Rye
Pride and Prejudice
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Sahm I Am
@Home For The Holidays
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
Little Earthquakes
Those Who Save Us
Good in Bed
Whale Talk
The Chocolate War
Beyond the Chocolate War
What to Expect When You're Expecting



Heather's favorite books »

}




Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...