Friday, April 22, 2011

A to Z Challenge: S



S = Sorry, Sacrifice, & Salvation

Sorry. Because I'm sorry this is a late post. I had intended to get this posted last night, but it just didn't happen. We're out of town now for the Easter weekend, and that's thrown me off a bit. So, my apologies for being late with this.

And mention of Easter brings me to the second item.

Sacrifice. As most of you likely know, today is Good Friday. For most, I'm guessing, it's just the Friday before Easter. Something to do with Jesus, but no specifics.

For me – and Christians everywhere – it's so much more than that. So very much more. It is the day on which we remember the Ultimate Sacrifice. The day that Jesus died for our sins. The day that we were shown the ultimate in mercy, grace, and love. It is the day on which I remember what He did, and am humbled by it. I am thankful – more than usual – because it's a day on which it's impossible to push it out of my mind. When 364 (or 365, in Leap Years) other days in the year I'm able to push aside thoughts of Christ's sacrifice and what it means to me, it's such a good thing to have one day to focus on it. Thank Him for all He has done – not just with His death (and subsequent resurrection), but in my life since He came into it, too. He is my everything. I am nothing without Him.

Salvation. It's what I have through Christ Jesus, thanks to the day we celebrate in two short days: Easter. The day we celebrate His resurrection, and everything it means for us.

Thank You, God, for sending Your Son for me. Thank You for using Him to pay my debts. I am so unworthy, and so very thankful.

Thank You, Jesus, for paying my way into Heaven. Thank You for loving me enough to die for me. Thank You for all that I am, and all that You are making me.

Photobucket

4 comments:

heidi said...

Happy Easter, Heather!

ham1299 said...

Happy Easter, Heidi!

Hazel said...

A lot of sacrifice reenacted in my part of the world this weekend. Happy Easter. I'm visiting from Sunday Stealing. Love the 'purpleness' of your blog. Purple is my fave color :)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a nice Easter post! I believe in Christ. He lives, and because of His sacrifice, so will we. And salvation? How awesome is that?? Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...