Thursday, April 28, 2011

A to Z Challenge: Xenon



X = Xenon

X is a difficult letter, no doubt. And I wanted to use something that actually started with X. I toyed around with many things, finally looking in the dictionary under X. It is a very short listing.

Xenon caught my eye. When I read the definition (provided by none other than Webster's), I wasn't sure why. Definition:
n. a colorless, nonreactive, gaseous chemical element
I hated chemistry, so I doubt that's why it caught my eye. Although the mention of chemicals briefly made me think of Breaking Bad, Mr. Ham's new favorite TV show – "courtesy" of Netflix.

But that's not it, either.

Then there was the light-bulb moment.

It was the name of the cell phone model (the LG Xenon) that I had before I got my BlackBerry Torch, which I love much more than the Xenon. Don't get me wrong, it was my first texting phone – you know, with a Qwerty keyboard. LOVED it.

But it made me wonder.

Why did they call it the Xenon? Why name it after the chemical element? Not that it matters. I'm just curious. My guess would be because the word xenon sounds kinda cool, and it's memorable. But, is that all there is to it? I'm not a marketing person at all, so I'm completely befuddled by it! LOL

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...