Monday, April 18, 2011

A to Z Challenge: O



O = Oliver, Oliver, & Osborne

I had a few ideas here and there about what to do for "O," but nothing really appealed to me. I decided that I really liked what I did for N, and wondered how I hadn't thought of that before! LOL I mean, given how much I read ...

Anyway, so, I'm sharing three of my favorite authors whose last names start with the letter O.

Jana Oliver ~ Just last week I read her latest novel, The Demon Trapper's Daughter. Wow. It was so good. Now, before reading it, I was quite skeptical. I wasn't too into the demons and whatnot in my books. But, I've found over the course of the last year that I'm really surprising myself by what books I like. I've found that I like much more than I'd ever have guessed. So, after reading the summary of this one a few times, I finally decided to participate in a tour for it, and I am so glad I did! I look forward to the rest of this series!

Lauren Oliver ~ I have heard all about Before I Fall, a book I have yet to read. But I have read Delirium, and WOW! It's the first dystopian novel I've read, and I never thought I'd like the genre. But I do. (Yes, yes, I know, I love books but haven't read The Hunger Games. Bad me. I haven't read Twilight, either.) This is the first in another series, and I cannot wait for more.

Mary Pope Osborne ~ My daughter LOVES her Magic Treehouse series. My daughter, Abby, is 7. Before discovering this series, she claimed to hate reading. Since, she likes it, and is exploring more authors and books she never would have looked at before. I'm certain of it, because before Mary Pope Osborne, Abby was so not into reading. Now she says that Mary Pope Osborne is her favorite author, and she's always looking in her Scholastic book orders to see what Magic Treehouse book is available. Any author who can help my daughter learn to love to read is a favorite author of mine, too!

(In the interest of full disclosure, most book-title links in this post are to reviews I have written and posted on my book blog, Proud Book Nerd. If I haven't written a review, then the link goes to the Goodreads page for the book.)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...