Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A to Z Challenge: K



K = Kindergarten

There are so many K words I could have gone with: kids, kitten, kites, kitchen, kisses ...

I decided on kindergarten. Because I cannot believe my baby boy will start kindergarten this fall. I love my kids, and I just cannot believe how fast they make time fly. Well, I think it's more just the awareness of how quickly they're growing resulting in my being more aware of the passage of time. (I hope that made sense. LOL)

Anyway, Grant turned 5 in December, so he missed the cutoff for kindergarten during the current school year. That is a VERY good thing, as he had such a speech delay that I don't think he'd have done very well this year. His communication skills have improved a LOT this year, and I think he'll be ready in the fall.

But will I?

I don't know. Part of me is sad. My baby. Once they head off to school, the separating from the parents seems to speed up. A LOT. I know it's what's supposed to happen, but I don't have to like it! ;-)

I have more thoughts about this, but I'm going to stop now. In the interest of keeping this short for those who are trying to read all of the A to Z posts this month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...