Monday, April 25, 2011

A to Z Challenge: T



T = Teeth

Before I start, I offer my apologies for falling behind. I was out of town for the Easter weekend, and it just wasn't feasible to make Saturday's post – or today's either. So, I'll get one (or both) done now, and be caught back up by the time this is over with.

OK, so, as I hinted above, today I'm talking about teeth. (How's that for a lot of Ts in the post? ;-) )

You see, I saw the dentist last week, and we had a talk about my teeth. I've had some issues for the past few years, and for a long time it was a mystery problem. Then the dentist I had been seeing left the practice, and I got a new dentist.

One look was all it took. Long story short, my bottom teeth are VERY crowded, and apparently they're pushing the front ones. And the front ones don't really have anywhere to go. His determination, "You're going to need orthodontics."

Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is the fact that I went through orthodontics in junior high. Had braces, retainers, headgear, etc. The whole nine yards – and then some. I really don't wanna do that again. But, it's worth keeping my teeth in my mouth longer.

Still, part of me hopes that it won't necessarily be braces that are needed. Maybe – hopefully – I can get by with retainers or something. I dunno. I mean, it's not like this hadn't crossed my mind, as my previous dentist and I had discussed things, I kinda had an inkling that things were headed this way. So, it was no surprise that it finally came up.

Main problem (which the dentist acknowledged) is that it's going to be very expensive. His figure was around $6,000. Yes, that is correct. Six THOUSAND dollars. Just for me. And I have three children, at least two of which will need their teeth fixed, too. Lord help us! We do have dental insurance, although it covers very little. But I suppose every little bit will help.

It'll be worth it.

I'm too young for false teeth!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...