Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blog Journal: Day 11

Another late one.


This one is about where I live. Pictures have been requested, but I'm not sure I have any of my home – or home area – on my computer. So, I'll also look online, see if I can come up with any.

I live in an area of the U.S. called the Quad-Cities. It's an area that encompasses cities/towns in both Illinois and Iowa. It's actually a gorgeous area – lots of hills, the river and bluffs, trees, etc. Unfortunately, I can't find any pics of our actual house, but here are some pics/images of/about our area.

This first image is a map of where exactly our community is located. I'm not sure why so many counties are red, as only the two touch on either side of the Mississippi River are part of the "official" Quad-Cities.


This one is an aerial shot of the area. The river toward the top is the Mississippi River. The other river is called the Rock River. We are looking north. Yes, that is accurate. North. In this particular area, the Mississippi River bends in such a way that it runs east-west, and Iowa is north of Illinois. The island in the Mississippi River is called Arsenal Island. There's an Army base there, and it's where Mr. Ham works (for the Army Corps of Engineers).


This is Lock and Dam 15. On the right is the Rock Island Arsenal (island), and the bridge is crossing the Mississippi into Iowa.


Centennial Bridge, looking toward Davenport, Iowa.

This is the area in which I live. My husband and I both actually are from the Chicago suburbs, but his job brought us here. It's good – cheaper to live here. Plus, it's beautiful here and MUCH less congested, population wise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Head on over to Toddler Awesome if you wanna play along and/or read others' blog journals. The next question is: If you could change something about how you have lived your life so far, what would it be?

Photobucket

1 comments:

JanMary @ www.janmary.com said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of where you live.

Sounds like a great place to live.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...