Saturday, May 29, 2010

Small Talk Six: Flower Power


This week's topic is flowers. Share your top 6 favorite flowers. Per the rules, you can do a list of 6, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 sentences, etc. This week, 6 photos (all from rgbstock.com).

1. Lilacs ~ For one, they're PURPLE. But, more importantly, they smell AWESOME!
2. Lily ~ Not just any lily. This is the closest pic I could find to what my favorite lily is. I only know it as naked-lady lily. (I'm afraid to Google that ...) They're pink. The leaves grow early in the summer, then several weeks later the flowers (TALL stalks) appear and bloom. Naked – no leaves.

3. Columbine ~ I LOVE how different they are from the "typical" flower.

4. Gerbera Daisies ~ I hadn't even heard of these before I worked in a flower shop for a few months during college. I think they're beautiful!

5. Bird of Paradise ~ In case you can't tell, I love flowers that are somewhat exotic and/or unusual. While I can appreciate roses, tulips, daffodils, irises, etc., I am drawn to flowers that are unique and different from what is often typically seen. I LOVE these, and they're even better in person than via photo!

6. Bleeding Heart ~ I love hearts, and these flowers just amaze me!

Wanna play? Check out the post HERE for this week's links and more detailed information on how Small Talk Six works.

Photobucket
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...