Saturday, May 29, 2010

Small Talk Six: Flower Power


This week's topic is flowers. Share your top 6 favorite flowers. Per the rules, you can do a list of 6, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 sentences, etc. This week, 6 photos (all from rgbstock.com).

1. Lilacs ~ For one, they're PURPLE. But, more importantly, they smell AWESOME!
2. Lily ~ Not just any lily. This is the closest pic I could find to what my favorite lily is. I only know it as naked-lady lily. (I'm afraid to Google that ...) They're pink. The leaves grow early in the summer, then several weeks later the flowers (TALL stalks) appear and bloom. Naked – no leaves.

3. Columbine ~ I LOVE how different they are from the "typical" flower.

4. Gerbera Daisies ~ I hadn't even heard of these before I worked in a flower shop for a few months during college. I think they're beautiful!

5. Bird of Paradise ~ In case you can't tell, I love flowers that are somewhat exotic and/or unusual. While I can appreciate roses, tulips, daffodils, irises, etc., I am drawn to flowers that are unique and different from what is often typically seen. I LOVE these, and they're even better in person than via photo!

6. Bleeding Heart ~ I love hearts, and these flowers just amaze me!

Wanna play? Check out the post HERE for this week's links and more detailed information on how Small Talk Six works.

Photobucket

1 comments:

nicole / Twitter: BTHM1 said...

love the Columbine pix- checking in from Small talk 6!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...