Tuesday, May 18, 2010

To All You Domestic Women

You know who I'm talking to. If you're one of those domesticated women, I got a question for you.

Excuse me? What do I mean "domesticated"? Oh, let me lay it out for you ...

If you're one of those women who cooks and cleans, and does it WELL. And you also have time to be a good mom to your kids, and time to blog, and read 100 books a week, and hang out on facebook, and garden, and sell Tupperware (or Pampered Chef, or Lis Sophia, or ____________ (fill in the blank) ), and still be a good wife to your husband. You know, dates, quality time ...




sex ...




(Damn! Listing it all totally gave me a minor anxiety attack!) I have a question for you. How do you do it? Seriously. I mean, is it for real, or is it a front? If you really do it, HOW? Spell it out for those of us who apparently missed that class in school.

Better yet. Send me some of that super-mommy mojo, PLEASE! I could use some.

Oh, and as for the real question: Do you use index cards for your recipes? Do you file them? And here's the STUPIDEST question ever: do you put the labels in front of or behind the tabbed thingy that says the letter of the alphabet?

Say WHAT?

Does your recipe box go: A ~ Recipes starting with "A" ~ B ~ Recipes starting with "B" ...
Or does it go: Recipes starting with "A" ~ A ~ Recipes starting with "B" ~ B ...

Or is your system completely different – more like a cookbook? (I do alphabetical, because I think of the name of the recipe I want, then get it, rather than think of what I wanna make, then where it's categorized, etc., etc., etc.)

Inquiring minds wanna know ...

Photobucket
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...