This is hosted on Living to Tell the Story. If you'd like to join in, the rules of play can be found HERE. This week's post, with the MckLinky attached, is HERE.
1. Good Movies ~ I saw a couple of good ones this week, one of which was He's Just Not That Into You. OMGosh! I LOVED it! AWESOME movie! It's probably my favorite in a long time. I noticed in the end credits that it's based on a book. I think I'll be adding that to my to-read list!
2. Wonderful Teachers ~ On Wednesday, Grant finished his first year of preschool. Those of you who know me personally know that this time last year was very rough for me. We had some concerns over his development, and were even concerned that he might have ASD-NOS. After some reading I did, I was convinced that wasn't the case, and took him to Iowa City last June for a full evaluation. Long story short, nothing more than a speech delay. PRAISE GOD! Thanks to the speech delay, he qualified for a preschool in the school district. I was very, VERY nervous about this. I was worried he wouldn't separate well, worried he wouldn't blend in, worried about EVERYTHING. God placed him in the right class with the right teachers, and he FLOURISHED over the past nine months! He was in absolutely WONDERFUL hands, and I am so excited and pleased to say he'll be in the same class next year! :-) God is so good!
3. Mr. Ham Comes Home TONIGHT ~ Yahoo!
4. A New Adventure ~ Last week I finally decided to get my own domain for my book blog, and switch to Wordpress. Proudbooknerd.com was born. I'm having a little bit of a tough time adjusting to WP, as it is quite different. But, I'm confident that once I've made that adjustment I'll be very happy. I am QUITE happy with it overall. It's easier to use and, most importantly for me, MUCH easier to customize.
5. Birthday Parties ~ My poor sweet Abigail hasn't been invited to many classmate birthday parties since entering Kindergarten in 2008. She got invited to one this week, and was SO EXCITED! She'll be going for sure. I hope she has a WONDERFUL time. I feel bad for her, not getting a lot of invites, but I do know that will make the ones she does go to that much more special. But, my heart aches for her. I sure hope this doesn't mean she'll have to live with the horrid rejection I faced as a child/teen.