Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday Stealing ~ On Monday

In reading Tethered Mommy, I came across this. It looks like way too much fun to pass up. Although, this week's is the second of a two-parter. So, I'm gonna do two weeks' worth! Fun stuff. (Bless you if you actually read it all! LMAO)

First things first: this is from Sunday Stealing.

The Speed-Dating Meme

1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
The Sneetches and Other Stories

2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?
I'd love to be in Addison's house in Private Practice. A beach-front two-story house in L.A.

3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?
Umm...I don't remember. I try not to go too long nowadays! ;-)

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Umm..I have no idea what any of his songs is, so none.

5. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Kermit. What's not to love about Kermit?

6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?
Umm...I've broken a habit?

7. What's your favorite website?
Only one? LMAO Not gonna happen. Here are a few:
Proud Book Nerd (yes, it's mine, but I love it!)
FROGs (another one of mine, but I still love it)
Facebook

8. What's your favorite school supply?
Isn't this an odd questions? Umm...gel pens?

9. Who's your favorite TV attorney?
Alicia Florek in The Good Wife

10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
Downstate to see family for Easter.

11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
I'm not much of a garage sale/junk shop person. I like brand-spankin' new stuff.

12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
Well, I started out asleep. I had worked second shift the night before. So, I heard the breaking news in VERY small increments as I kept hitting the snooze alarm. LOL But, once I got up, I had to go to work – at a newspaper, so that meant NO TIME TO WASTE! I ended up putting in 12+ hours that day.

13. What's your favorite tree?
I've always loved the Gingko – the fan-shaped leaves are so neat!

14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?
Annie Oakley. In the third grade, we HAD to read one biography. That's the one I chose – I can't even remember the name of it or anything. But, I LOVED it. I even read it a second time voluntarily!

15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
Crab rangoons are a MUST. Otherwise, it depends on where we go. I love egg foo young. But, the place close to us that is good doesn't make that. So, I get beef with mushrooms. And now I'm hungry for Chinese. Thanks a lot...

16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
I've blocked most costumes out of my memory, thank you very much.

17. What's your least favorite word?
Oh, there are lots of words that bug the hell outta me – my degree's in English, after all! ;-)

18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
One of the states that actually are used as a name: Georgian, Virginia, Caroline. I think Virginia, so I could go by Ginny.

19. Who's your favorite bear?
My husband! :-)

20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Oh, I believe everything happens for a reason. I don't believe there is anything that lacks explanation. Even if I don't quite know it, God does.

21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be?
Egypt.

22. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
Umm ... kids had hot dogs. Can't remember what I ate.

23. Where do you go for advice?
Depends on the type of advice I needs. Sometimes my mom, sometimes my closest friends, sometimes FROGs, sometimes one of my mommy groups, sometimes my readers, almost always my husband, and ALWAYS God.

24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Dictionary. As an editor, it's FREQUENTLY used!

25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving?
Nope, and I have no interest in either.

26. Have you ever been stung by a bee?
Yep. A few times.

27. What's the sickest you've ever been?
I'll spare you the details, but it was about two weeks ago ...

28. What's your favorite form of exercise?
Dancing. I love to dance!

29. What's your favorite Cyndi Lauper song?
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, of course! ;-)

30. What did you do for your 13th birthday?
I have no idea. That was 20 years ago – EEK!

31. Are you afraid of heights?
Nah.

32. Have you ever taken dance lessons?
Yes – LOTS of fun! :-)

33. What's your favorite newspaper?
The Chicago Tribune, of course! ;-)

34. What's your favorite Broadway / West End musical?
I've only seen a few, so I don't really have a favorite. Les Miserables was good. Miss Saigon was good. The Phantom of the Opera was good.

35. What's the most memorable class you've ever taken?
I can't say there's a MOST memorable, but there are plenty that I remember. Some of my favorites (unless otherwise noted, they were college courses):

  • Chaucer ~ A whole semester of Chaucer. We even learned the proper way to SPEAK as it was written! Really cool!
  • Jane Austen ~ One of my FAVORITE authors. What's better than studying her work for an entire semester?
  • Human-Companion Animal Interaction ~ All about people and their pets. This was FUN. 
  • AP English ~ My senior year in high school. The teacher was AWESOME. He's who inspired me to get a degree in English.
36. What's your favorite knock-knock joke?
Oooh, one my dad told me when I was a kid, but probably should've waited until I was older.
Knock, Knock!
Who's there?
Madam
Madam who?
Madam foot's stuck in the door.
LMAO

37. What's your least favorite commercial?
All of 'em! ;-)

38. If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be?
Amy Grant. She is still at the top of my wanna-meet list!

39. Do you prefer baths or showers?
Showers, unless I have a Jaccuzzi at my disposal ...

40. What's your favourite newspaper comic strip?
Baby Blues

41. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs ...

42. Who's your favorite game show host?
Can't say that I have one.

43. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Umm ... to be able to fly, I guess.

44. Do you like guacamole?
Ick, no.

45. Have you ever been in a food fight?
Um, no. And again, ICK!

46. Name five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
  1. Rebirthing by Skillet
  2. Jesus Loves Me
  3. Word of God Speak by MercyMe
  4. Strong Tower by Kutless
  5. Sing Your Praise to the Lord by Amy Grant
47. What's your favorite infomercial?
Don't have one.

48. What's the longest you've ever waited in line?
A few hours, I think.

49. What's on the cover of your address book or day planner?
Nothing. It's just blank.

50. Have you ever taken a picture in one of those little booths?
Sure.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Loren said...

This is great. We have alot of similarities and then some complete opposites.
I love quacamole!!! but we could have breakfast together :)
your knock knock joke is stinking hilarious
I am 9 yrs older than you ...dangit! ;)

I seek the Lord first for advice too and I believe everything happens for a reason and HE always knows best even when we have no clue!

Thanks for sharing ~ I love getting to know you better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...