Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blog Journal: Day 5

Oh, MAN! Oh, man! Oh, MAN! This was a HARD one for me. If you've been following me for more than a few days, you likely will understand why when you see what it is. (Just in case, I'll explain after I show you my graphic.) As always, click on the graphic to see it bigger.


You see? ONLY ten songs? ONLY? REALLY? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE music! It's my passion. If I could go back in time, I'd major in something that would give me a way to work in the music industry. Music engineering, perhaps – being a producer would ROCK!

Anyway, more about the songs I've chosen, AND I'll embed them so you can listen while you read! :-) Actually, I found a widget on Grooveshark that allows me to create a playlist, so, I'll embed the widget then explain the songs.


1. Rebirthing by Skillet ~ Anyone who knows me won't be the least bit surprised I picked this song. In fact, the instant I saw this journal topic, this song came to mind. Skillet is my FAVORITE band. Absolute FAVORITE. (A long cry from Amy Grant, my favorite musician for most of my childhood, huh? LOL) And this song is probably (I say probably because they have so many songs I love) my favorite of theirs. As a special treat, I'm going to share the acoustic version this time. Enjoy!

2. Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve ~ LOVE this song. Love it. Again, enjoy!

3. Ocean Floor by Audio Adrenaline ~ Probably my favorite of theirs.

4. Sea of Faces by Kutless ~ An amazing song. They are another of my favorite bands, Kutless is just awesome, too.

5. Word of God Speak by MercyMe ~ Yet another favorite band. Hmm... see? I love music! LOL I actually first heard this song on Kutless' Strong Tower CD. I didn't realize it was a MercyMe song until I got their 10 album. Powerful song.

6. Burden in My Hand by Soundgarden ~ I am a closet Soundgarden fan! LOL I love their stuff. Love it. This is one of my favorites of theirs.

7. Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North ~ I loved this song before they put it on the radio! ;-) So good. So very good. Their new song is pretty darn good, too.

8. This is Your Life by Switchfoot ~ Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of Switchfoot on Grooveshark! :-( And, unfortunately, the only version of this song I could find was an instrumental redo by some orchestra. Now, I love orchestras, but words are important ... I uploaded my copy, but it takes awhile for them to process it. So, I'll try to share it maybe for a Tune-In Tuesday post! 

9. Beautiful Day by U2 ~ What's not to like about this song? 

10. Shackled by Vertical Horizon ~ Another song I love, love, LOVE! A different guy is singing, and I just love his voice – for some strange reason. It's more about the sound of the music in this one than what is being said. Anyway, hope you like it!

As you can tell, and if I haven't made it clear at this point, I LOVE music. I couldn't live without it. I recently started doing a weekly Tune-In Tuesday post, and would love to have others join me! :-) So, please do.

And now, I wanna see what music you wanna share! Head on over to Toddler Awesome if you wanna play along!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love your list! I too had a hard time only choosing 10!!

I tried using Grooveshark but got frustrated because I couldn't figure it out how to get a widget on my blog!! Any suggestions?

Nicolasa said...

Aaaah Beautiful Day is a great song! Hubs and I entered our wedding reception to that song!

Loren said...

Great choices....LOVE SKILLET!!! they are one of my Favs!

Being Tazim said...

I like that you have the music player imbedded it was nice hearing your song choices!

ham1299 said...

Jen ~ I posted on your blog about how to export the songs. LMK if you still need help!

Nicolasa ~ What a great reception song!

Loren ~ Skillet IS my favorite. I saw them in concert in November, and they are even BETTER live!

Tazim ~ Thank you! :-)

UKZoe said...

I had trouble coming up with 10. I like a lot of stuff, but to find 10 that were MUST LISTEN TO was quite hard. And one of my 9 only appears because my 18 year old said I couldn't make a list of 10 without including it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...