Thursday, May 13, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Books

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Show us your life this week is all about your favorite books – for yourself and/or your kids.

This is a HARD one for me to do. Not because I hate books, rather for the opposite reason! I LOVE books, LOVE to read, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! So, picking just a few favorites is HARD for me - VERY hard! But, I'll give it a shot.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ~ I just read it a few weeks ago, but it was SO GOOD! If you want detailed thoughts, here's my review.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke ~ Not just the first book, but the whole series. GOOD! If you've seen the movie, I'm sorry. It sucked. The book is a gazillion times better!

The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan ~ Again, not just this one, but whole series (to date – two more are yet to be published). I took a chance with this one. I had registered to win it on Goodreads.com, and didn't win. I got a private message in which I was offered the book at a discounted price. I thought it sounded good, so I said sure. I had medium-to-low expectations when I went into this book, but I was BLOWN AWAY! This book FAR exceeded my expectations. I have read each of the following three books published since then (two of which I helped with editing), and this series gets better as it goes. Each book can be read as a stand-alone title, although I'd recommend reading them ALL because they are THAT good! My review for this one is HERE. If you want to read my reviews of each book in the series, they can be found HERE.

I'm going to stop here, because I could just keep writing until my fingers fall off. I LOVE to read. And, honestly, I'm probably a pretty easy judge of books. But, for me, it's all about the story. I can overlook sub-par writing if you get me hooked by the plot! ;-)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. And even though the movie wasn't perfect, I still loved it since I loved the book so much. Just letting you know, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...